1. Always put your URL on letterhead, business cards and in e-mail signatures—wherever potential visitors are likely to see it.
2. If your employees wear uniforms, put your URL on them so every one of your customers sees a walking advertisement of your Web site.
3. Include your URL on all promotional items you give away—coffee mugs, T-shirts, keychains and so on. A daily reminder is a good way to get people to visit your site.
4. Be sure to include your Web address in all press releases you send out to members of the media. They may include it in articles they write about your company.
5. Don't forget to put your Web address in your Yellow Pages ad. That's one place people see it every day.
6. Do you own any company vehicles? Be sure to put your Web address on the side of any car or truck that's out there delivering your products.
7. In addition to listing your toll-free number, put your Web address on the bottom of every page of your catalog so customers have easy access to your online store.
8. Submit your site to as many search engines as possible—there are hundreds to choose from.
9. Craft your keywords, or meta tags, to maximize the number of times your site gets brought up in a search result.
10. Launch a sweepstakes that offers anyone who registers on your site within a certain time frame the chance to win a free Palm Pilot or other gift.
11. Send out a weekly e-mail newsletter to registered site members that offers tips and news related to your company or industry with links back to your site.
12. Collect e-mail addresses of visitors and send them advertisements that highlight new sales and promotions on your site.
13. Send an e-mail promotion to a targeted list of potential visitors and offer a $20 credit toward the purchase of anything from your site.
14. Create your own link exchange by asking sites complementary to yours (but that don't compete) to put your link on their pages and you'll do likewise.
15. Create banner ads that really get attention from Web surfers by making the most of color, animation and multimedia effects.
16. Get involved in a banner exchange: You put a third-party banner on your site, and with every two exposures, your banner shows on another site. The cost to you? Zip.
17. Hook up with Web affiliates—hundreds of sites that all link their traffic to yours—and get visitors from sites with related content.
18. Get active in online discussion groups and chats and, when appropriate, give out your URL.
19. Any time someone orders a product from your site, include a catalog with the order to get them coming back for more.
20. Purchase a list of opt-in e-mail addresses of people who would most likely respond to a sales message from you and then send out an e-mail campaign.
21. Promote your site on a free or online classified advertising site. To find classified ad sites, consult the exhaustive listing maintained by Mega Linkage List.
Home Business Magazine: Get the next issue of Home Business Connection Magazine free of charge!
Starting Your Own Business From Home: Making money from has never been easier!
InvestinVision Find start-up financing now.
Business Filing: Protect your personal assets. Incorporate online!
Starting Your Own Business: Discover the secrets of business start-up success.
From AfricanSisters.com: It's easy to get your business online. Try it FREE.